Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sooooo sleepy...

I needed a little study break before I finish up my last hour or two for the night, so I thought I'd check in. I don't even remember when I last wrote - i think it has been a long time! This week has been long and short all at once. Not the greatest week ever, but as the song goes, "I'm alive and today you know that's good enough for me"! Last weekend brendan was here ALL weekend which was WONDERFUL! I hadn't seen him in 3wks, so it was nice to just hang out. We really didn't do much of anything - got the chance to catch up with our old roommate Phil for a little bit Friday night then we picked up pizza from Godfather's and laid around watching tv shows on DVR the rest of the night! Saturday he went and tailgated and I went to MERF to study. It's always hard to be productive on Saturday's (your mind knows when you don't HAVE to HAVE to study), but I did get a fair amount done, and that has made a huge difference in my stress level this week. We literally laid around all of Saturday evening, too, ate more bad for you food, rented a movie and that was about all. wow, do you guys want me to continue with a minute by minute of my entire week? Are you asleep yet?!?!?! I'll spruce it up with this: this week in micro lab we grew bacteria that we swabbed from our rectum. Yep, that's right. The funniest moment related to that: my PCL partner, Alan, and i were writing up our patient in the computer lab and while he was using a program on my phone to look up drugs, rebecca (my micro lab partner who had stopped by lab to get our petri dishes out of the incubator) sent me a text that said "Holy sh*t my ass grew some crazy things!!" (and of course my texts just pop up on the screen overtop of what you're doing when they arrive). My partner just turned to me and goes 'hey rebecca would like you to know...' and read it aloud to me in the computer lab. I thought I was gonna cry I was laughing so hard. Hmmm, i wonder if that's funny or if it's only funny bc i was so tired! Anyway, that's how weird my life is. Alright, well i took too long typing that, and I'm sooo sleepy because i only got 5hrs of sleep last night and was at the darn library for hmmmm, let's see, 9hrs. Wow, that's not nearly as long as it felt - bummer. I did also attend 4hrs of school things in the middle of that, though, so that's something, right?!?! Ok, well although i'm sure you are RIVETED by this post, I must look over some pathology slides, so I can subsequently give up and go to bed!! Nighty night! Besos, Andrea

No comments: