Sunday, October 11, 2009

Busy, busy, no time for...well anything really.

I won't write much because I have a few labs to finish up, and it's a bit of a struggle to keep my optimism alive on Sunday nights with the week looming large! The weekend was fun - Brendan got here Friday night, we made a quick steak dinner at about 9:30PM... super late because Becky and I were slow at the grocery store. Yeah, I go to the grocery store with friends so we actually have time to hangout, it's rather sad actually, but aside from a study break run to starbucks last week it's the only time she and I have hung out in like 2 weeks. Anyway, it was nice to have a 'real' dinner - first real meal i think i'd had in 2 weeks, too. Saturday we slept in and then tailgated. It was just plain cold! We got to see a lot of friends (the Shaw's, Phil, Greg, multiple other former med school friends of Brendan's...), so that part was really fun. I had dressed for about 45 degree weather, not 25 or 35, so I was basically freezing all day, which was not fun! Brendan and I came back to my place to watch the game bc we mostly wanted to order pizza and get warm!! We did successfully light the gas fireplace at my apartment, watched the game and zonked out on the couch. That was about the highlight of the weekend - today he helped me with some school stuff (it does come in handy having an M.D. for a boyfriend every now and then!) before he headed for home. I've spent the rest of the day working on more school stuff...

On the school front, Friday's test went ok. It was definitely the trickiest one we've had (it was our first test in Pathology). It didn't go great, but it went fine, so that's good enough for now I suppose. This week's test is going to be brutal... it's pharmacology over I think I figured about 270pgs of notes. I'm probably going to become progressively less fun to be around as this semester drags on! I tell ya, I' trying to avoid negativity, but it is a struggle this semester. Might just be one of those you have to get through! At least spring semester is supposed to be a bit better! (If nothing else we don't have a test EVERY Friday!!) Alright, i better get to it so i can get to bed! Sorry it's not the peppiest! Hope everyone had a good weekend, love andrea

No comments: