If you're thinking maybe some day you'll check my blog and there will be a post titled "well rested!" "wide awake" "refreshed", you'd be wrong. Seeing as I have 3 more years of residency followed by a lifetime of doctoring AND we haven't even thrown kids into the mix yet, there's no hope for any well rested-ness in my life for decades to come. Eh well. At least after awhile you stop caring that you haven't had your hair cut or colored for months or that there are bags under your eyes and you almost forget what you look like with make-up on. One of my co-residents intentionally DOESN'T wear make-up on a daily basis just so she can feel better about how good she looks when she does put make-up on. Yeah, i won't be doing that. I need me my tinted moisturizer and mascara. The uncut, un-dyed, hair that hasn't been out of a bun in WEEKS and the bags under the eyes need those things. And for the record I still spend $20 on my mascara. I don't care if its going with bags and tinted moisturizer and hasn't been next to eyeliner in months. Good mascara just makes life better. And my q3 month trip to von maur to buy a new tube makes me feels civilized.
oh my faithful blog reading friends I am tired. not sleepy. tired. its been a long few weeks. there've been a lot of 20-something week deliveries. there've been a lot of late nights. i'm oh so tired of the hospital. oh so tired of seeing 8pm in the office rather than at my house. oh so tired of never, ever, ever being caught up. alas, tomorrow is another day. Another day of L&D, so we shall see how that goes. Turns out there is never a paucity of pregnant patients! And i do have to say, for all the difficult stuff we have to deal with at the U, I will miss some of it when I'm done with residency. Having the NICU we have means we get a lot of transfers for babies that need to deliver here, so we get to see a lot. Sometimes that sucks. And it means a lot of the babies I deliver die (ok not a lot, but any babies dying is a lot). But it means we see a lot, and get to be a part of a lot. And learn a lot. But learning makes you tired. So does working 70-80hrs a week. So i'm goin to bed. Hope you're having a good week. If you need a pick-me-up go buy yourself some $20 mascara. I recommend Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge :)
 |
| In other news, my puppy is as cute as ever (and also needs a haircut!) |
 |
| My kitchen is coming along! |
 |
| I threw a baby shower and made this... |
 |
| And this... |
 |
And this!
|
And my good friend (and co-resident) Michelle is almost full term, which means I have a delivery to look forward to! For all the not so fun parts of my job, getting to take care of (and soon deliver!) your pregnant friend might be one of the best perqs a job could have!
1 comment:
Thanks for blogging despite lack of sleep and most importantly lack of time! Love you! :)
(p.s. had an orientation appt. at a fertility clinic yesterday... exciting!)
Post a Comment