Sunday, August 11, 2013

brunch!

so amidst all my negative posts, this morning as I was headed to brunch I thought about how much I love my brunch dates and I thought I'd post a positive post for a change :)

I worked last night 8-8 on L&D. We had a pretty good night actually just 4 lovely deliveries - all the old fashioned way, including a set of twins - yay!  So no complaints from me about that.  But when i got outta there this morning I headed to brunch with a few of my favorite gals.  Met Jeannie and Michelle at Blue Bird and as luck would have it Rachel and her hubby were there, too, so we turned it into a group brunch.  I held baby Emilia the whole meal which was an added bonus :)  Anyway, I don't know if you all know this, but I love brunch. Love it.  It's mostly bc i love eggs.  like really, really love eggs.  Runny yolk eggs. Mmmmmm!  I eat like 2 eggs a day on average. not even joking. We're talking every day. I for sure eat a dozen eggs a week myself.  I mean I recognize there's a bit of saturated fat in there but i don't even care.

Anyway, back to the point.  So we work quite a bit - maybe you've realized. So it's pretty tricky to ever find a night where more than one of us is off early enough to grab dinner or drinks and then we are also always exhausted! But on the weekends we seem to do better being able to have some free time.  And by weekends I mean weekend mornings. So we do brunch.  It's like an Ob/Gyn thing.  One of us is usually post call but doesn't matter - you can get through a brunch before you crash.  I can even have a cup of coffee and still have no problem with my post-call nap.  Anyway, I just love my brunch dates.  Love love love love love them :)  So that's my happy thoughts for the day. Yay for brunch with friends!

1 comment:

Viola said...

Hooray for brunch! A friend of mine in college and I used to do Tuesday brunches in the dorm kitchen...LOVED Tuesdays! :) Happy that you're happy.

xo,
V