Well it is rapidly getting beyond my onc bedtime, so this will be quick! But I thought I should check in to let you know I am still surviving. Maybe not thriving, but there aren't enough hours in the day for that! I'm on gyn onc now-second week out of 4. We are getting off pretty easy - for one, they are down a surgeon from my previous go round on the service, less surgeons means less surgeries means less people on service means less work means less hours means less stress (most of the time!). And then each of the 3 surgeons we do have each has a week of vacation during our team's 4 week stent, which means there are only 2 surgeons for 3/4 of my weeks on service. That means substantially less surgeries and patients than average. It has been nice not to have a constant feeling of stress and of feeling overwhelmed. Anyway, so far it has been a pretty good month. I have gotten to go to the OR a few times, which is nice. Usually as an intern you spend your first time on onc (first half of the year) staying out of the OR and only doing floor stuff, then the second time around you get to go to the OR when there are minor cases or when there are 3 ORs. So I have gotten to do some things, which is fun. Lots to learn on onc, which is stressful and overwhelming, and exhausting, but good.
Hmmmm, what else. I had Sunday off last weekend, which was very nice. Brendan got home from Washington DC on Thursday last week, and I am SOOOOOO glad he is back. I had plans on Friday night with a friend who was in town, but B and I went to breakfast after I got off work Saturday morning then i spent the rest of the day wasting time on the couch! It was glorious. Sunday i didn't have to work, but I did go in to get some stuff done for most of the afternoon. This weekend I have the whole. weekend. off. I am super duper excited. I'm mostly excited to sleep in Saturday! We have a work dinner tomorrow night then on Saturday I am going to Des Moines to hang out with HS friends. I CANNOT wait! I am so excited to catch up! It will be a short trip to DSM because I need to get back to do a bunch of work stuff Sunday, but I'm so happy to have the time off to catch up with friends i haven't seen in forever! Hopefully I'll also get to see my favorite niece (though in case anyone hasn't heard, she may not get to be the favorite for long since I'm going to be an aunt again in September! If it's a boy she will for sure stay my favorite niece though :)
Ok, well it's for sure past my bedtime now, so I better hit the hay! Sorry this is another boring post with no pictures! Some time I will
have take the time to put pics in! Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment