Anyway, otherwise things are going well. Brendan is in Washington DC for the month for work. He has to take a class that all radiology residents take, so he is there living with 2 other radiology resident friends. I had all of last weekend off (as I said), so I took a quick trip to DC!! It was EXHAUSTING, but really wonderful to spend time with Brendan. I left for DSM right after work on Friday (sadly that meant leaving here at 8:30 by the time I got Wrigley dropped off and on the road - gotta love Fridays!). Got to Mal's around 10:30 then got up early to catch my flight out at 6AM. Got to DC around 9:15 (direct flight - woohol!), caught a cab to Brendan's place and spent the rest of the weekend with him! We went to the American History museum, Holocaust museum, and Air & Space museum as well as multiple memorials. Also had a few very delicious meals. Including our usual "splurge dinner" (whereby we use the excuse of travel mixed with the fact we work a lot and spend little time together mixed with our lack of responsibilities on which to spend our meager earnings to justify a very expensive dinner when we are traveling together). This time it was at Black Salt, which is apparently supposed to be one of the top seafood restaurants in DC. It didn't disappoint. It was phenomenal. We had some amazing oysters, almost equally amazing mussels, then a pretty delicious main course. Sadly we had no room left for dessert! It was a great weekend, and so nice to spend some quality time together. I flew out at 8PM Sunday, got back to DSM at 10 and back to IC at midnight, so needless to say Monday morning came much too quickly! Nonetheless, it was worth it!!
Well, I will post some photos to go with this and the previous post soon. For now, though, it is 11PM and I have to be back at work in 7hrs, so I need to sleep somewhere in there! It is time for this terrible, awful, no good, very bad day to be over. Tomorrow will be a better day.
![]() |
| Helping Auntie Andrea make waffles |

No comments:
Post a Comment