Saturday, March 16, 2013

What a difference a year makes...

Yesterday a year ago I was doing this...
Hugging my friend Whitney after we found out we both matched to Iowa
Yesterday this year I got to the hospital at 0515 and didn't leave until 2030.  In the process I transferred a patient to the SICU, tried to keep another one from ending up there (I failed), had 2 patients go to the OR for emergencies, discharged 2 patients to hospice, 2 home with home health agencies, another 3 to home, rounded on all 13 of our patients with just me, staff, and the fellow (med students and the other 2 residents were still in the OR), discussed code status with a patient who wanted to be DNR/DNI, and spent a good couple hours at the end of the day doing paperwork with teammates... What a difference a year makes. 

(But I'm still happy to be here) Oh and after all that I came home, put on fresh make-up and went downtown for drinks with good friends I wouldn't know if yesterday a year ago had never happened. 

No comments: