Thursday, April 1, 2010

Still kickin...

Hadn't checked in for a few weeks, so in case anyone out there randomly comes a-checkin for updates I thought i'd say I'm still alive. We have a path test tomorrow morning (Friday): GI, Liver, Male GU, Female GU, Kidney, and breast. wooohoo! That fun will be quickly followed up with an FCP IV exam next Friday which is over much of the same body parts, just different stuff... I think it's GI, Liver/biliary tree/pancreas, Ob/Gyn, Male GU, Surgery, and Otolaryngology... stresses me out just to type all of those!! Anyway, that'll be most of my weekend. I am making the trip up to Aplington for Easter, but probably just for the day because of all the studying fun. The semester kinda picks up pace from here on out, so I guess i'll have to break my TV habit. It's amazing how easily you fall right back into those sorts of things!! Our schedule requests for M3 year clinical rotations are due tomorrow. Basically we can request when we'd like specific rotations and for some of them where we'd like them (vast majority are in IC, some either IC or Des Moines if you request it, with only a couple outside those 2 areas). Then you rank your preferences and then they make a schedule for you and hope that by the time they finally get it to us we no longer remember what we ranked where and therefore don't care that we got none of our requests! Of course (this being med school, land of over-reacting, over-anal, over-zealous, over-you name it) some people go crazy putting together all sorts of desired scenarios. I, in my eternal laziness, refuse to go to that sort of effort knowing darn well that they will plop you into one of your top few choices and then put you where you fit for everything else. Plus, seriously, who cares whether you have internal med for the 6 wks next spring or first thing in January or wherever else it's possible?! Ahhh even med school hasn't changed me from my ways. Alright, speaking of those ways, i better quit the procrastinating and get to the studying... got some sources of pelvic pain to learn about! Happy Easter!! (And if the Easter bunny reads this, I really want a bag of SweeTart Ducks, Chicks, & Bunnies!)

2 comments:

Ms. Wagner said...

Have a good Easter, Andrea!! I am sad you will be so close and I won't get to see you, but I have to go to Osage for the day, too. :S Love ya!! --Ellen

Laci M said...

I do randomly check in, which is why I had to e-mail you yesterday...I was worried you had become consumed by studying! Can't wait to see you at Easter!