Since we all have crazy, busy lives, this is for all those people who wish I would call and check in more often.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Wonderful weekend
I don't have time to write much, but I had to check in to say I had the greatest weekend! Friday the test sorta sucked. It wasn't a very well written test, which after having taken something like 55 in the last year I feel qualified to judge. Just a lot of kind of vague questions that then seemed a bit subjective. At least the class average was a little lower suggesting everyone had the same troubles and I think we are getting credit for a few that we overall performed very poorly on, so in the end it will probably be ok, but it wasn't quite up to par with my performance on the first couple in that class. Oh well, there's still one more test in there and I think I still have a good chance of honoring the class, so that would be fun (it doesn't really matter if I do, but it's a 14 credit hour class, so i think it'd make me feel good about myself :). Anyway, Friday night we went downtown to celebrate my friend Whitney's bday. It was a great time!! Went to happy hour (my gosh they practically give alcohol away - I had a Boulevard for $2!!). Then to The Atlas for dinner then stayed downtown for quite awhile. A TON of classmates were out, so it was a really great time, especially because the weather was so nice. Saturday I drove to Des Moines to surprise Brendan. He was surprised :) We hung out with Mal, Alex, and Mal's friend April on Saturday night, which was a lot of fun, too! We grilled out and just hung out and April brought her OMM table (she's a DO med student at the med school in Des Moines, DMU), and she did some manipulating to see if we could address some of my current hip pain. So far it has been better, so aside from being fun to just be moved around and pushed on it also seems to have improved me :) Sunday we slept in and then Brendan and I decided we wanted to pretend we were 'normal' people for a day, so we went to Gateway Market for lunch, drove downtown DSM, parked and walked through the East village, walked up to the capitol, went to Homemakers and looked at furniture, drove out past Jaime & Adam's and then saw Adam outside, so we stopped and interrupted the rest of their Sunday afternoon! We had a GREAT time... just sat around outside chatting with them, watching Gretta play, catching up - it was so much fun!! Brendan and I went out for vietnamese food before I headed back to IC. It was just such a fun weekend. Of course i am having a heck of a time getting myself going today! My body doesn't want to acknowledge that I must rejoin reality. Luckily I'm still a student, so I have the option of starting my day at 10 or 11. Just means I'l be watching this morning's lectures from 8-12 tonight instead of this morning! Oh well, i should be more awake then!! Alright, i better get to school... hope everyone had an equally great weekend! Love Andrea
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Its good to know what "normal" people do on weekends. I feel somewhat relieved that I participated in similar activities!
Post a Comment