Well somehow another month is gone. I was only in Iowa for about 10 days of the whole month... in a word. Exhausting. I was lucky to be able to be away from work pretty easily for the month without a lot of days that I needed coverage, which allowed me to do fellowship interviews without a lot of extra stress, though, which is good. I also managed to visit:
Wisconsin
Virginia
Minnesota
Alabama
Massachusetts
Texas
California
North Carolina
With a few other states thrown in for layovers (like Illinois, Colorado, DC...)
Not bad for a month's work. Interviews have been going well. I am now an expert traveler. I have definitely become that annoyed person behind you in the security line pushing my plastic pails into yours to try to move you along. But i mean COME ON it's been nearly 15 years, who doesn't know you need to take off your shoes, empty your pockets, and take out your laptop and liquids?!? I have also mastered the bathroom in stall wardrobe change, so I'm really killing it in life right now. Amidst all of the fellowship interviews I did get to spend 5 days in Boston with my hubby, which was super nice. He had the weekend off while I was there so we walked around the city, toured Fenway Park, ate out, caught up on some sleep. Then I continued to sleep, eat, and wander around for the week while he worked before I flew out to do more interviews. It was nice to be able to spend some time together.
Other than that there isn't much to report. I'm back to work and it's been nice to actually get back into a little bit more of a routine. I still have a few more weeks of a few days of work then interviews, but the end is in sight finally. It has been a great experience, though. Nice to see lots of places and meet a lot of the big names in the field. As well as meet my co-applicants who (hopefully) will be my colleagues for many years to come.
Wrigley has been staying with my parents since the beginning of July, so the house is very empty and quiet. I will bring her home later this month, and I have to say I can't wait for her to be back! Although, I don't think she will be as excited, she is living the good life with my parents. Lots of walks, treats, bones. She looks pretty gosh darn happy when I see pictures!
Alright, well I better get to doing some actual work. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. I know it's been HOT HOT HOT everywhere. All the cities I've been to from the east to the west coast have been over 90, so hope you are all staying cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment