Thursday, June 25, 2015

Still around...sort of

Well, I made it back from Houston. Albeit a day late. There was another torrential downpour on the day I was supposed to leave so my flight got cancelled and I didn't get out until the next day. Thank goodness I had a friend to stay with and make it less bad. I did feel bad imposing on her for the entire weekend though! It was also a major bummer bc i had paid $200 to change my flight to a day earlier weeks ago, only to end up getting back Sunday anyway! Oh well, such is flying.

Life has been a whirlwind since I got back. Pretty much got home Sunday night, worked a very long day the next day, then started a friend's induction on L&D that night. Tuesday night I was there until about 0200 so I could deliver her beautiful little babe. Then worked the rest of that week and the whole weekend, the following Monday and left at 0400 Tuesday the 9th for my first fellowship interview. Was in Michigan Tuesday Wednesday flew out Wednesday night from Detroit toward San Francisco and finally made it to Santa Rosa early Thursday morning for a conference. Was there until Saturday, back to San Francisco for the afternoon/evening Saturday the 13h, then flew hom Sunday, worked Monday-Wednesday and then drove to Columbus, Ohio Thursday for interview dinner, interviewed there Friday, and drove back Friday night. Got home around midnight. Finally got some sleep on Saturday, got to see my mom, sister, and "baby" Lydia, who is SO SO SO grown up (she is 4 and a half she informed me when I said she was so grown up), then was on call Sunday! I have to say I'm pretty happy to be here all week this week. I work Monday-Friday and then thanks to the most awesome residency class in the whole world I have teh whole weekend off. I was supposed to be on call on Saturday, but my class traded their call shifts all around to give me the whole weekend off to help Brendan pack, try to catch up on my life and then send him off Sunday. So grateful to them.

Anyway, needless to say, it's been a crazy life. I have hardly been home since April, but we are making it work. Also trying to get a lot of paid help lined up for after Brendan leaves since he does A LOT of the home stuff/dog care. Poor Wrigs is gonna suffer a bit, but I think she'll be ok now that we found a dog walker who will come every day.

Alright, well I have a couple of super busy clinic days, so I better get to some preparations. I am looking forward to having a weekend to try to get things in order before the madness of interview season truly starts. I have to say this is the first time in a long time I have truly wished I had a summer. I am starting to miss having a life outside of work after so many years of work, work, work. Oh well. This too shall pass...

No comments: