Sunday, December 14, 2014

October, November, December....

oops.

I guess I got a bit behind. Lucky for you all my body is still on a nights schedule, which means I am wide awake despite the late hour. Figured it was time for a post to catch up just a bit. Although I can't say I even really remember what all has happened in the last 3 months. Apparently time is flying by.

October highlights - We spent a weekend in Galena with friends. The weather was uncharacteristically cold, but we managed to still have a good time. The boys planned a morning at the spa for the girls then we all hung out together for the rest of the time. Brendan and I arrived on the scene a little late because of work, but we still managed to have a good time. Was nice to have a weekend off together and spend time with friends!

Speaking of friends, I also managed a girls weekend in Chicago in October. Megan (one of the R4s) and I drove to Chicago to meet up with Jeannie who made a quick stop in Chicago on her way home from Houston for a week of vacation. We ate, drank, shopped, and ate and drank some more. Also got to see my good friend, Becky, from Med School, who was nice enough to put us all up for the weekend. Time went way too fast, but was SO nice to see everyone. I'm going to Houston in January to see Jeannie again - already counting down the days!!

November - I think the main highlight was Thanksgiving! I was on nights, so worked the Wed night before Thanksgiving, but had the rest of the weekend off!! Woohoo!! We got to go to my grandparents for Christmas at Thanksgiving then Mal and Alex came back to IC and we all tailgated and went to the Iowa/Nebraska game on Friday. A very sad loss especially after a long game in the cold, but fun nonetheless! Don't worry, we also made time for the O'Shea side of things! We had a joint thanksgiving with our friends, the Runde's, and fried a couple of turkeys. Brendan's parents and brother and sister-in-law also came. We had a traditional chinese meal the following day together, which was nice! The remainder of my month of nights pretty much sucked the social life out of me. Brendan will begrudgingly tell you how much i have slept!!

December - last weekend we had the annual resident Holiday party. We didn't host this year, which I'm glad about. I did a call shift so worked Sun-Friday night (rather than jsut Sun-Thurs), so I barely made it out of bed for the party and Brendan was a bit under the weather. So, suffice it to say, we were better off attending than hosting!

Ok, well my laptop has 3% left, so I better end before it dies and this goes into the abyss! I work Christmas again this year, but have time off the week after, so I am looking forward to some time with family. Finished nights on Friday morning, so also looking forward to getting back to the awake world... hope everyeone is having a good holiday season!