Well, somehow it has again been a few months... maybe time has started going faster... I have to say in some ways time passing more quickly isn't a bad thing! The R3 year is full of rotations that include a lot of clinic, so getting to R4 year will (hopefully) be a welcome reprieve!
What's new...
December/January - well the month finished out with a few weeks off. Yep. A few. I actually had nearly 2 full weeks off. So, after working through Christmas, I had the new year off. Can't really say I remember what I did with the time, but it was sure nice to have some days off! I spent a lot of my time practicing for my laparoscopic test, which included a skill portion. Happy to report that paid off as I passed the written and practical part.
I can't remember if I mentioned I was selected as the Chief resident for next year. That meant a lot of time working on the schedule for next year, amongst other things. I spent a weekend visiting Houston and had a great time spending some time with Jeannie. Stayed up too late, drank too much wine, shopped too much. It was perfect. The weather wasn't super warm, but it was while it was -30 degrees here so it was nice to get away from that! It was so nice to hang out - we spend a lot of time keeping in touch via text and phone calls, but there just isn't anything that takes the place of time hanging out in person!
February - We spent a nice Valentine's Day hanging out with friends. We went out for a fancy dinner and saw Second City at the theater in town. I had another week of vacation which was largely spent doing housework! As most of you have probably seen on fb we redid my bathroom (also known as the main bathroom) and the laundry room. Much needed updates! I was EXHAUSTED by the time i returned to work last week. Housework is hard work! Thank goodness my parents came to help us!
I don't think I did much else with February. Short month and all you know :) Just seems like a lot of work things that are never done and never caught up on. I long for the day when I could just do nothing and not feel guilty or like there are 2 billion other things i should be doing. Though i'm sure if it weren't work it would be something else!
I suppose there are more things to talk about but I have an abstract to finish and a presentation to rehearse and i'm still a little tired from Friday's call, so bed is probably in the near future. Wish i had more exciting things to report, but such is life - our life at least!
Happy March!
1 comment:
yay! a post! :) Glad to hear from you...even if it is only every few months. And I don't know if I commented on FB, but I LOVE the make over to your bathroom and laundry room. Someday, I hope to see it all in person. ;) xo, V
Post a Comment