Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanks giving

If you feel like you haven't heard from me in awhile, well, you haven't. If you feel like you haven't seen me in ages, well, you haven't. If you can't remember the last text or voicemail or phone call you got from me, welp, I can't either.  I haven't seen much of the light of day in the last few months, and sadly it's only going to continue. And oh boy am I behind on updates! I missed October AND November!! Oops!!  I suppose this way it will be a briefer update than it would have been at the time, but still!

Lemme catch you up on all the things you didn't really care that you missed anyway.... I was on my nights rotation for 4wks from Sept through October.   I got to do a lot, learned a lot, and my senior was one of my friends, which of course made it even more enjoyable! I also got hooked on the TV show Scandal, which we had the chance to watch a few nights that weren't as busy.  It's a fairly addicting show! All in all a good month, but always good to finish bc you're just tired ALL the time.  I only saw Brendan on weekends and I spent most of those sleeping!  Always good to check off a month of nights, but as far as nights go - it was a good month.

After nights I had 4wks of Gyn (wow, I really am behind on updates), which included a MUCH NEEDED week of vacation!  It had been 29wks and 2,032hrs of work since my previous vacation in April (yep, figured that out on my vacay ;) Anyway, I was muy grateful to have a week off.  We didn't go anywhere because we have spent all our money on the kitchen, but it was good to have some time to do a few house things and get caught up on things like dental hygiene and healthcare.  I am ashamed to admit I had to make a few additional trips to the dentist to have cavities filled, but the good news is my vision is still top notch at 20/15 (it may actually still be 20/10, they just didn't test it beyond 20/15).  I also got to catch up on some sleep, which is always a wonderful thing.

Now I'm on to Gyn Onc - and somehow already in the 3rd of 4 weeks of that! Geez, time just flies.  It has been a pretty good month. I've gotten to operate, which is great. I maybe have mentioned before my love for onc, so I'm happy to have 3 months of it this year.  Get to see cool surgeries and take care of sick people, which always makes me feel like I don't know anything at all, but slowly but surely I think i'm learning some stuff!

Thanksgiving was good - I had to round the entire weekend, but I was done by 11:30 at the latest everyday, so not too shabby! We were able to make the trip to my grandparents on Thanksgiving to celebrate Christmas with my mom's side of the family.  It was nice to get to see (almost) everyone since I worked Thanksgiving last year.  Friday my in-laws came for Thanksgiving at our house, which was great! My sister and her family were also here and then one of my friends and her husband also came bc they were in town! It was crowded, but a good time! We fried a turkey and had ALL the fixins, including some good wine and beer, so it was a great time! The new kitchen functioned well! now we just need a bigger dining room table!  The rest of the weekend was pretty chill, Mal & Alex and the girls hung out until Saturday, which was fun. I just love those little girls and they are getting cuter by the second! (insert photos supporting this statement here... oh wait, I somehow can't get them from my phone to my computer, so that's gonna have to come later... boo!).

Ok, much work to do and little time to do it, so that's all for now. I promise, more sooner rather than later!!!!!

No comments: