Sunday, December 22, 2013

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas 2013
Merry Christmas to all our friends and family! We wish you all a joyous (and safe) holiday season.  My, how the year has flown! It feels as if we hardly had took time for anything this year, but as I looked back at photos for our "card" I realized we did manage to fit in a few things amidst our schedules... here's our update for 2013...

Brendan is in his final year of radiology residency and is keeping busy with his duties as chief resident and all that entails.  He spent the month of February in Washington DC for work, and I got the chance to fly out for a quick weekend visit, which was fun! Lots of sights and good food.  In July we found out he will be staying on next year (beginning July 2014) as a Neuroradiology fellow (hey, someone's gotta do it!). It is a one year fellowship, so what comes after that we will see.  We are just glad he will be in Iowa City again next year! He spent the greater part of the summer studying for his written boards, which he took this fall and just found out last week that he passed, which was a huge relief (but not a huge surprise)! He otherwise stays busy working, studying, doing the lion's share of the housework and dog care, reading, and working out. Oh, and helping my dad with our big kitchen remodel!

I have been keeping busy with work, work, and more work. I'm now in my second year (of four) of Ob/Gyn, actually, exactly half way through my second year. Time is flying! By all accounts it is better than being an intern! It has been a good year - lots of learning, more operating, and a little more responsibility.  Despite the many hours I am still enjoying it!  I have had a lot of weekend call shifts this fall due to some maternity leaves within the residency, so Brendan has been a trooper taking care of house and dog responsibilities.  We are looking forward to the new year when we will have a few more weekends together! The rare times I'm not working I spend time on home improvement projects, hanging out with friends, trying to fit in some working out, and sleeping!  I am heading to Washington state next week for a friend's wedding, which I am looking forward to!

All in all it has been a busy year!  We did get away for a trip together to LA in the spring. We saw some friends, had great food, took in a Lakers game, and spent some time at the beach.  We welcomed a new niece in September and have been fortunate to spend some time with her (and her big sister) this fall.  We hosted Thanksgiving at our house and were able to spend some time with family and friends. We also hosted the Annual Ob/Gyn Resident Holiday Party earlier this month, so we are getting some good use out of our newly remodeled kitchen!  We continue to dote on our beloved Wheaten Terrier, Wrigley, who is just as sweet as ever. She goes to doggie daycare twice a week to make up for all the hours we are away; otherwise she is content to curl up by us on the couch and sleep!

Hope this finds everyone well. Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year to you and yours!

God Bless,
Brendan & Andrea

No comments: