Hello faithful blog followers! I know, I've been slipping back into my old habits lately, but I assure you it is with the best of excuses! I have been back in Ankeny for my outpatient internal medicine rotation (which I'm doing in DSM at Methodist), so I have been spending a lot of my free time with friends in town, my parents, my sister, and, of course, the most beautiful baby in the whole entire world, Baby Lydia! I'm going to just take an auntie moment and gush about how she is the cutest, sweetest, happiest baby EVER! I seriously LOVE her. She's almost 7 months old now (I KNOW!!!) and our latest fun game is putting her toys just out of reach and watching her try to wiggle and scooch her way to them! Of course, being of our blood and all, she also believes the philosophy of work smarter, not harder, so she generally just pulls the blanket toward herself to move the toys closer :) Man I wish I had a video of her working so hard to scooch though - it's pretty hilarious! Anyway, she continues to be a smiley little thing and giggles (especially at Maggie the pug). She also LOVES music - she just stares enthralled when we play the piano for her, and did the same when she came with us to the church to hear the organist and pick out wedding music. Ok, that's all my gushing for now - but to make it worth it for you I'll attach some photos (i'm sending this post via email, so they'll probably be at the end). A couple are blurry, but they just show how smiley she is, so I couldn't resist!
Ok, that's all my auntie gushing. In other news, there isn't much news. The wedding has moved into full on detail mode. I am trying desperately to take care of things in a timely manner! The invites are the next important thing, so hopefully they will be going on within a couple of weeks. We are down to less than 10 weeks to the wedding, so it's coming up quickly! Starting in June my weekends become consumed with wedding things, which is also about the time school starts to pick back up a bit, so it'll be a busy time, but truth be told, I tend to be more productive when my time is alittle more structured.
I am in Des Moines until next Wednesday (May 18th), then after a long weekend in IC, I head to Waterloo for my next 4wk block. Luckily up there I get to stay with my good friend Ashley from UNI, so that will be very fun! We don't get to catch up nearly enough, so it will be nice to spend time with her and her husband and, of course, the ever adorable Myles the dog. After those 4 weeks I finally make my way back to Iowa City (around the end of June). Which is good because I need to get packed to move in July!!
So, tomorrow is ONE YEAR to graduation. Yes MY graduation. Can you believe that?? I have to say overall med school has flown by, but when I think about the last year, well, boards studying and all that fun really seems like an eternity ago (which is way longer than one year). It's crazy how far we've come in a year - I actually sometimes feel like I know what I'm doing in the clinics nowadays, which is a far cry from a year ago. However, it's still a little terrifying how little I know in terms of actually being responsible for patients in any way shape or form. I try to remind myself there is still a year of school left. And really the bulk of becoming a doctor happens during residency (which is even more terrifying!). But thousands of others have survived before me, so I'm sure I will, too.
Ok, I have some productive homework stuff to accomplish today, so I'd best get to it. Sorry for the rambling - hope you all enjoyed the disjointed update though!!
No comments:
Post a Comment