Thursday, March 31, 2011

i need a city.

It's been approximately 2 days 14hrs and 12 minutes since arriving in Chariton, and I'm bored. The sad thing is that I even spent about 23hrs 40min of that in Des Moines (or in the car getting to and from Des Moines), so really it's been less than that. I'm just not a small town girl. I like 24hr stores and multiple coffeemate creamer choices at the grocery store and cell phone 3G reception. Nothing against the wonderful town of Chariton-quite frankly it's not even that small. There are like 4000 people that live here I think. It has a HyVee and Subway and Pizza Hut. The people are great as is the doc I'm working with. I like the people of small towns as far as medical patients go - they are WAY less annoying than the typical University of Iowa patient. And they aren't crazy like some of the upper middle class suburban folks you get in des moines. But nonetheless, I'm bored. Probably because it's just me the lone medical student here with nothing but my laptop, TV, phone, and books. It could be a long month. Anyway, i better get to my homework and then to bed. I just felt the need to pass along that if you had any hopes of me living in a small town one day, you probably should give up those hopes now.

In other news, I did get to spend some of those 23hrs in DSM with my baby Lydia. She is even cuter than she was before. She is getting SO big! And she smiles and laughs and grabs for things... it's crazy how grown up she's getting!! Ok, now on to upper respiratory infections and bed. I'lll write more later. Have a good one!

Andrea

No comments: