Sooooo my good friend, Laura, told me she's been anxiously awaiting my April update, so I decided now was as good of a time as any!
So I'm still here in good old Chariton. It's actually going pretty well, I really like the family doctor I'm working with and he's been very laid back, which is always nice. I have made a number of trips up to Des Moines (which is about an hour 15min from here), but it's been really nice to spend time with baby Lydia
(and Mal & Alex) and my other friends! I had Wednesday afternoon and this morning off, so I went up to hang out with Jaime and her kiddos (who are as adorable as EVER!) yesterday, then this morning I went to meet the church's wedding coordinator, see the church (sanctuary, prep area, waiting to walk down the aisle area)... they recently updated the church website with a lot more pictures if you're so inclined! Then I had some time to go have coffee with Laura (yay!) and then I met with my event coordinator at the Marriott. We were able to get a bunch of decisions figured out and sort of have an idea of what we're doing for the reception now, so I feel better about that! We just have to set up a time for a food tasting (mmmmmm!) and then figure out a few more of the details. Ahhhh the freaking details. I kind of hate that part - never been much of a details person :)So that's the update on the wedding front... don't think there's much more to report there. Well I guess I have been going alittle crazy on the registries - turns out that's the most fun thing EVER!! I'm gonna have to periodically go back and purge some things... or not, I kind of love all of the things - regardless of how ridiculous or unnecessary :)
Well, I wish I had more fun things to report, but I don't. This weekend I'm headed to Iowa City - will be nice to go home (even tho it's only been 2wks, it feels like longer!). I am going out to dinner with the girls Friday night to celebrate a few birthdays then Saturday night apparently we have some sort of Mystery Wine night thing at the winery up by North Liberty (I'll have to report back afterwards to let you know how it was!). Alright, well I better get to some homework... hope all is well with everyone! For the Iowa family -we are planning to head to Aplington for Easter, so hopefully will see some of you then!
3 comments:
Thanks for the update! :) It was great to see you today and am glad to hear things went well discussing the reception.
I will be counting the days until Easter, so I can see your smilling faces!!! I am hoping baby Lydia will want to make an appearance also.
Once upon a time wasn't there some mention of a "plus one" for the food tasting...I'm sure Brendan doesn't really want to taste all that food....I will bribe him away from tasting with baby Lydia. ;-) Glad to hear you can cross a few more things off the to-do list!
Post a Comment