Hello family and friends! I'm sure you were starting to think I was going to miss yet another month, but here I am! It was a little questionable for awhile as my laptop totally crashed. But I am now armed with the brand spanking new Macbook Pro 2011, so I'm back and better than ever :) I actually bought a new laptop a day before the rumor mill started that Apple was going to be releasing the newest update to the macbook pro, but luckily when it was released I was still within the return period, so i was able to exchange for the brand new one! Which also means I have the newer version than Brendan, which I enjoy rubbing in every now and then. ;) So other than that, not too much new and exciting. I completed my 6wks of Peds in Des Moines, which was really, really good. I am glad I was able to do it at Blank. It was nice to have a change of pace from the U and it was fun to be in Des Moines for 6wks. It's nice to be back in Iowa City, though and spend some more time with Brendan.
I'm now 2wks into my Ob/Gyn rotation. So far it's going pretty well. We do 3wks of Gyn and 3wks of OB and each is split into half inpatient, half outpatient (or for OB, 1/2 Labor & Delivery and 1/2 clinic). I have done my inpatient Gyn, which was 9days on Gyn Onc. It was kind of long hours, but really not too bad. Got there most mornings around 5:15-30 and then we had awesome residents who got us out of there by 5:30-6 most nights. At the end of last week I switched to outpatient gyn clinics, which i'm still getting used to. This week I have all outpatient clinics. Then next week I do my L&D... starting with 4 days of days (7:30am-6pm) then a day off followed by 4 nights (6pm-8am). Then i finish off with outpatient OB clinics.
In other non-school news... hmmm, there isn't much. We finally got the save the dates sent out for the wedding... well, I am finishing the last batch today... hopefully they made it out to everybody... we kinda rushed to get them out, so i have to say my organization fell apart just a bit. Here's the link to our wedding website, too.
Ok, well i can't think of much else to report, so I'm gonna get back to cleaning up my apartment (it's quite the disaster!). Sorry nothing too exciting to report! But i wanted to at least give you all an update to let you know I'm still alive! Oh, i guess the one other thing is that we have to turn in our M4 schedule requests by the end of the week. Sooooo crazy - so so crazy! For anyone that is planning far into the future, my graduation date will be Friday, May 11, 2012.
Alright, that's all for now! Hope all's well! Sorry nothing exciting to report!
No comments:
Post a Comment