Sunday, February 27, 2011

What I...

...am doing is stealing a writing idea from my good friend Laura's blog to add a little fun to my blog.

...should be doing is studying Ob/Gyn stuff, so I can attempt to impress the residents and attendings in the Department and convince them they want to keep me at Iowa for residency.

...also could be doing is working on my M4 schedule that's due Friday.

...did all day is clean, do laundry, finish Save the Dates, and mess around on my new laptop... kinda like what I'm doing now.

...wish I were doing is drinking wine and watching Brothers & Sisters, but I don't have TV because we cancelled cable to save money since my roommate and I are both gone for most of the semester.

...really wish is that it weren't so much work to become a doctor. And that I didn't still have lots more years of even harder work before I get there. That way I could be doing this instead of studying and not feel guilty.

...did last night was go to dinner at a little restaurant on Melrose called 'Stella' with my good friend, Kelsey, her boyfriend, Joe, and my favorite date, Brendan.

...had for dinner last night was the NY Strip, medium rare. Freaking delicious. I am, and will always be, a staunch carnivore. (Technically I am an omnivore, but it doesn't make the point as strongly ;)

...had for dinner tonight was an egg and cheese sandwich, a bag of steamfresh broccoli florets w/parmesan cheese, a strawberry Greek yogurt, and a glass of OJ.

...am doing tomorrow is Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Clinic and hopefully some studying.

...was really happy to find out is that I'm in the top 25th percentile of my class (I figure there aren't any med students reading, so I can say that without sounding like i'm bragging)

...better do is get to bed, so I'm not starting the week out super duper tired.

2 comments:

Laura said...

If only you were still in Ankeny I would absolutely love to drink wine and watch Brothers & Sisters with you!

Unknown said...

This med student is reading, but already new you were freaky smart ;)Hope you are having fun on Obgyn. I loved that rotation!