Geez. I haven't said hello for a long while. I don't even have an excuse because I haven't been working that much. I guess my excuse is I haven't been working that much so I have been taking advantage of a small amount of free time to do whatever I darn well please! Mostly that has consisted of trying to get caught up on work stuff I'd been slacking on. But i'm proud to say I'm getting there! Our house has also been cleaner, the kitchen is on its way, the dog is groomed, my preventive cares are up to date, we have life and disability insurance, i've spent some quality time with family, husband, and multiple friends. we're doing alright! There really isn't much new and exciting to report. We are just plodding along. Here's a little of what I've been up to.
We got our backsplash done just in time for our St. Paddy's Day party! Need some finishing touches, ceiling paint, lights over the bar, and we'll be done!
Here's what it used to look like, in case you'd forgotten! Appears we also got tidier with the new kitchen. Makes sense - turns out you care what your house looks like when it's nicer!
We've been hanging out with this kooky pup and have finally been able to take her for walks now that spring weather has arrived! (although my furnace is running as I type that)
I've drank some of this... ok more than some. I've found time for multiple bottles of vino tinto with various friends over everything from McDonald's extra value meals to homemade pasta bolognese.
Life really ain't too bad... (this was a particularly good bottle thanks to my friend, Megan)
And drank some of this - less classy but no less delicious in its own right! (Best just bc it was shared with good friends)
I've done some work (mostly with sustenance in the form of Easter candy - again washed down with red wine)
And got to spend some time with my very most favorite little persons. Her big sis is equally as cute but too busy to be captured on photo

Ok, now it's past my bedtime. I'll write a better update soon, but suffice it to say we are enjoying a breather after my many (many) months of 80+hr work weeks with call shifts every weekend. It is phenomenal to me how long a weekend is! This weekend I do have to work at 24 on Friday night, so back to the grind. But then I go back to fun stuff - Saturday night I have a bachelorette party/one last hurrah with friends from work (before they graduate in June), family time at a wedding shower for my cousin Sunday, helping a good friend continue to pack up her house (begrudgingly) on Monday, chapter review with our oncology fellows at faculty's house Tuesday night... phew! Gonna be a busy week - but very, very good busy! Hope all is well with all of you and all of your own little persons. I am long overdue for a trip to visit all my out of town friends... i know. i suck. hopefully very soon we shall see each other! Happy spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment