Monday, December 17, 2012

My crazy, normal life

Just getting ready to head to bed... yeah it's 12:32AM.  Here's a recap of the last couple of days of my life...
Saturday -
7:15ish Get up, eat breakfast, make coffee (ok, the coffee came first)
8:30ish head to work in ER
9:00 Start seeing ER patients: a quick recap -
1) Someone with a wound infection - luckily she had her surgery elsewhere, so I got to use a scalpel to cut out her sutures, open up, drain, and pack her wound rather than having to call the surgeons to do it (I get excited when I get to see someone in the ER that I actually know what to do with)
2) Patient who was about 5wks pregnant who had a tiny bit of spotting and mostly was just nervous because this is her first pregnancy. Got to do a quick trans-vaginal ultrasound and show her the gestational sac and yolk sac on screen (this would have been more fun in like a week when we could have seen the heartbeat, but still fun)
3) Saw a patient who had brought in a collection of her feces for me to inspect.  For HIPPA reasons I won't say more.
4)Patient who got drunk and, at his/her friend's request, punched friend in the face and had a "fight bite" laceration on the knuckle
5:45-Furiously work on notes from above (and other) patients.
6:00-Run up to our office to print some things, then down to the clinic to pick up some stuff
6:15-Chat with Brendan, decide he should come get me, grab a computer in the clinic to finish a few more notes before I run out to meet him
6:30-Head with B to friend's Christmas party
6:35-Change clothes in the car, throw gift in gift bag, head into Christmas party
6:40-9:30 hang out with friends, have good food, good drinks, laugh a lot, played a new game "Cards againt Humanity", laugh some more
9:45-head home, finish ER notes, put another coat of paint on my bathroom door in the basement, head to bed

Sunday:
8:00 - Wake up
ok-tired of the timeline... so then i did laundry, picked up, hung new hinges and subsequently my newly painted bathroom door, put on new door knob. Baked eggs to make my make-ahead egg mcmuffin sandwiches (of course I also made coffee somewhere in here). Then around 12:30 I headed to work... saw a bunch of people with viral gastroenteritis, bronchitis, and COPD exacerbations.  Pretty much if you saw me today you were getting a z-pak. Around 10:15 I discharged my last patient and headed home, just finished a few more notes, now I'm finally heading to bed... 12:42... that's my life! Tomorrow is another day in this random life I've chosen. Hope you love your random life as much as I love mine :) This week it's a day off, then a 6-3 shift followed by rushing to clinic (God bless my senior for covering a few of my clinic patients so I could swap shifts and go to our Christmas party the other weekend), then nights through Saturday morning, Christmas at Grandma's Saturday, then L&D Sunday, Christmas eve off, then work Christmas day...and the next few days... but at least I finally get back to the land of Ob/Gyn!



1 comment:

Viola said...

Love you. Miss you. Happy, Happy New Year!!! ...maybe 2013 you'll make it to Spain?? ;)

xo
V