Thursday, May 10, 2012

This is about how I feel waiting for Friday...


It just needs to get here already.  I'm done with this waiting.
(Really this is Lydia being totally over errand running, but I'm sure she's also over waiting for Friday when she gets to have 24hrs of fun with the Weber family!)


In the meantime, however, I have been doing some things to pass the time.  Stood up my good friend, Dawn, and baby Emi for coffee (it was the typical 2 alarm fail - cell phone died and set the guest room clock for 12hrs off the actual time).  So that was particularly unfortunate.  Hopefully Emi doesn't grow up too, too much before I actually show up for a visit!!  Met my good friend, Laura's new little one, Kase.  He was precious as can be - was also great to catch up with Laura and see her other kiddos, who are just so grown up these days!  I also got to see their new house that's almost done being built, which was fun!  I'm so excited for them to get moved and settled!  Once I got back from my trip to DSM, my good friend, Jaime, came to visit me in IC!  She took a little vacation away from her busy duties taking care of her 2 little ones, and we got to spend time catching up, having some good food (at my favorite place, Blackstone), good drinks, and just hanging out.  In preparation for her arrival I also finally got the house cleaned up.  It was long overdue, so I'm glad I spent Tuesday doing it.  It just feels so nice to have the place clean and fresh! And with everyone coming for graduation Friday, it needed to be done!  Anyway, Jaime and I ate at Blackstone and caught up over a couple martinis, then of course came home and sat around talking for even longer!  Then Wednesday we walked downtown, got coffee, wandered around the ped mall, and got lunch before heading back to our place.  I drove her past our soon to be new house!  Was very sad to not see a for sale sign in the yard anymore - I feel like we got cheated out of the For Sale sign with the big SOLD on it!!  Last night was the big pre-graduation barcrawl for our class.  They made the mistake of starting at our favorite place, so we just never left the first bar!  Oh well!  It was a fun time hanging out, but I made the good decision to catch a cab home around 1:30.  Feeling a little worse for the wear this AM, but not too terrible all things considered!

Ok, well that's all I have for now! I just can't wait for tomorrow to get here!!  I get to go do the final walk-through at our new house this afternoon (Thurs), so I'm sure that will make me all the more excited for tomorrow morning!  Then our families arrive around noon for the start of graduation festivities and seeing the new house.  Commencement itself is at 6:30PM, so by 8PM I should be official!





2 comments:

Ryan and Ashley said...

Blackstone and martinis = totally jealous! Sounds like you had a pretty great (well deserved) week.

Viola said...

Yay! I'm so happy for all the exciting things happening all at once for you. :) I do wish Iowa were closer to CA since I'll be home this summer...a trip to the mid-west probably won't happen though. I trust I'll continue to get plenty of pics and updates from your blog though. ;)

xo,
V