Since we all have crazy, busy lives, this is for all those people who wish I would call and check in more often.
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Home Sweet OUR Home!!
Soooooo today was another big day in the O'Shea household because today we actually gained our OWN household -- we bought a house!!! I went house hunting with our realtor this morning for a few hours. We saw 7 places and there were 2 that I liked, one that sorta kept sticking in my head but I just wasn't 100% sure because it is farther from the hospital, so we would have to drive, but I just really liked everything about the house. Well, then I called and talked to Brendan in New Orleans (yes, all of this transpired while he was out of town) and he said to just tell the realtor we'd like to see both of the houses again on Monday after he got back. Well when I talked to my realtor to tell her this, she told me that the property I liked had 8 showings scheduled for the next day. That put me into a panic - nothing like knowing you could lose something to make you realize how much you want it! So anyway, I called Brendan again and we discussed it for a little while and we came to the conclusion that if we were serious about it we should just make an offer on it - well more specifically, I should just make an offer on it. So I called my realtor back and we set up a time to get that done. We got the offer in about 7PM and gave them just until 10PM to respond because we didn't want to get into tomorrow with all the showings, etc. And about 8:47 my realtor called me to say we had a house!! I called Brendan to tell him and his first reaction was "holy sh*t!". lol! We couldn't be more excited!!!! And we will go back on Monday so Brendan can see the house he has contractually agreed to purchase! It has been a great year - I got married, got a dog, got a job, and got a house!! That's a once in a lifetime year if you're lucky! We will close June 1st (so as to avoid paying rent and a mortgage), which means we will still have 3 weeks to get moved and settled before I start work. I can't wait!! Just CLICK HERE to see some pics! Click "Start Tour" in the lower right hand corner, then click full screen in the lower right for the best view! I can't wait to do some updating and make it our very own home sweet home!!! God is good!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow!!! That´s great news, Andrea! Doesn't it feel good?? So much better than renting...so exciting...and so permanent feeling, right? I'll have a look a the pics now.
xo, V
p.s. I think this might be the fastest house purchase in history!
Post a Comment