Last night I went out with a bunch of my friends (we have been doing this A LOT lately), and it was great. Seriously, it has just been so much fun being able to go out with all my friends lately. It is a little crazy to look around and think that all of us are going to be doctors in just 6 weeks... I have to say I'm very happy for all of my friends and family who are at various stages in their lives, and I am so very happy to be right where I am. I'll admit the hangovers are much harder to recover from now than they were 8 years ago (yes, I was legal then if you're doing the math!), but for us, right now, this is just where I want to be. God willing, I will one day have all the other things I do want someday, but for now, I love being my almost 30 year old self and still going out and staying out until 3AM every now and then. Ok, on that note I better get off the couch and clean up before Karlee arrives for a visit (for the record I did leave the house to go to Brueggers and Sbux with Rebecca already this morning before redepositing myself on the couch :). May you all be happy, too!! (And may the odds be ever in your favor - totally made me think of that, saw that movie (Hunger Games) the other night with my friend, Drew, it's pretty good!) Have a great weekend!
Since we all have crazy, busy lives, this is for all those people who wish I would call and check in more often.
Saturday, March 31, 2012
11:11
So I know most of you are fb friends with me, so you probably saw my status update. For those who aren't part of the facebook cult here's what happened to me. So I make wishes at 11:11. I think this is pretty universal. Well for the last many years I have been wishing for various life events - getting into med school, passing tests, getting married, matching, my friends matching, finding a house, etc etc. Well the other day I caught my clock at 11:11 and I literally just stopped. I couldn't come up with anything. I have my awesome husband, I have my job, my friends have their jobs, I have a house, I have happy friends, I have my family, I have my puppy; I literally couldn't even come up with anything to wish for. It made me really happy, I mean how many times in your life can you say you really don't want for anything? Sure, I could wish for some sort of windfall to pay off our loans or something, but honestly, we both have jobs and we have enough. I don't normally do these sort of "I love my life" posts, but I thought I would share.
Last night I went out with a bunch of my friends (we have been doing this A LOT lately), and it was great. Seriously, it has just been so much fun being able to go out with all my friends lately. It is a little crazy to look around and think that all of us are going to be doctors in just 6 weeks... I have to say I'm very happy for all of my friends and family who are at various stages in their lives, and I am so very happy to be right where I am. I'll admit the hangovers are much harder to recover from now than they were 8 years ago (yes, I was legal then if you're doing the math!), but for us, right now, this is just where I want to be. God willing, I will one day have all the other things I do want someday, but for now, I love being my almost 30 year old self and still going out and staying out until 3AM every now and then. Ok, on that note I better get off the couch and clean up before Karlee arrives for a visit (for the record I did leave the house to go to Brueggers and Sbux with Rebecca already this morning before redepositing myself on the couch :). May you all be happy, too!! (And may the odds be ever in your favor - totally made me think of that, saw that movie (Hunger Games) the other night with my friend, Drew, it's pretty good!) Have a great weekend!
Hangin out around the fire pit like a human
Irresistibly cute
Irresistibly cuter
Last night I went out with a bunch of my friends (we have been doing this A LOT lately), and it was great. Seriously, it has just been so much fun being able to go out with all my friends lately. It is a little crazy to look around and think that all of us are going to be doctors in just 6 weeks... I have to say I'm very happy for all of my friends and family who are at various stages in their lives, and I am so very happy to be right where I am. I'll admit the hangovers are much harder to recover from now than they were 8 years ago (yes, I was legal then if you're doing the math!), but for us, right now, this is just where I want to be. God willing, I will one day have all the other things I do want someday, but for now, I love being my almost 30 year old self and still going out and staying out until 3AM every now and then. Ok, on that note I better get off the couch and clean up before Karlee arrives for a visit (for the record I did leave the house to go to Brueggers and Sbux with Rebecca already this morning before redepositing myself on the couch :). May you all be happy, too!! (And may the odds be ever in your favor - totally made me think of that, saw that movie (Hunger Games) the other night with my friend, Drew, it's pretty good!) Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm happy you're happy. You deserve it.
xo, V
Post a Comment