Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Just two strangers passing in the night...

Brendan has been working nights this week, which means he leaves for work around 5:45PM and gets home from the hospital between 8:15 and 8:30AM. I, on the other hand, started on my ER rotation this week, so I'm working all kinds of shifts. Tuesday I worked 6:30A-3:00P, today I worked 9A-5P and tomorrow I work 5P-1A. So Brendan and I have been crossing paths (when we do cross paths, which hasn't been each day) it's only for about 10-15min at a time. I have to say the days have been running together! Got home tonight around 5:30 and he left about 15 minutes later, so it was good to see him for a few minutes... I won't see him again until he gets off Friday morning.

On another subject, my ER rotation has been good so far. It's kind of a fun change. The different hours are ok... so far i've done just the pretty ordinary day shifts, so we will see what I think after a couple of odd shifts. The really nice this is that there's only me and another girl at the U for ER this month, so we got to make our own schedule. We only have to work 16 shifts (with a minimum of 12hrs off btwn shifts), so I get a few extra days off over the next few weeks than usual. Anyway, yesterday I got to do a steroid injection into a shoulder and today I got to sew up a finger, so it's been a good couple of days!

Alright, well I have a whole sink full of dishes and some other things to pick up before I head to bed! Gotta be at the med school by 8 tomorrow for a small group I'm co-facilitating and then work till 1am Friday morning, so it's gonna be a looong day tomorrow! Hope all is well, more soon!



No comments: