I've decided if I only intend to have a monthly update I may have a chance at being successful :) Anyhow, there really isn't too much to update school-wise. Things are just plodding along. I'm in psych right now, which is fine. It is totally an 8-5 job at the moment, which has been really, really nice, but at the same time other people on psych have it more as an 8-4 sort of thing, so of course the grass is always greener! It would be nicer to get home earlier bc then maybe i'd have a bit more motivation to study. Well the motivation probably would still be missing, but there'd be more time to get the laundry and cleaning and stuff done and I might have leftover time to get studying done. It's been a bit of a challenge to be motivated to do anything lately where school is concerned... just sorta gets old sometimes bc we don't have any real responsibility but we have to be there but we oftentimes don't have a role and there really isn't space for us much of the time and beyond that it's just difficult to motivate yourself to learn things that you're not always super interested in. It just gets exhausting sometimes to always be learning, never get used to anything, and never be good at anything. Don't get me wrong, you get better and better but it takes a really freaking long time to become a full-fledged doctor, so it's a pretty slow, imperceivable change. That's my little whining for the time-being. Nonetheless it has been nice to have a couple of rotations where the time committment isn't so bad to have a bit of a break. AND our lives suck WAAAAAAAAAAAAY less than a year ago. Oh man, it sucks to be an M2. I'm glad to be through that hell. Anyway, enough of that. I have to work this weekend for psych, then next week is my last week of the rotation. It has gone really fast (well the weeks go slow the month has gone quickly), but I'll be ready to move on. So like I said, not much to say on the school front. For those of you who are non-facebookers, my niece, Lydia Marie, was born Oct 18th and she's pretty damn cute. But don't take my word for it...




See? I told ya! I get to go see her again in a week, which I'm pretty excited about :) I imagine she'll just be even cuter! Alright, well I should probably try to accomplish something with my life! I took the day off from psych to attend an ob/gyn postgrad conference (hosted by the department here so it was held at the med school), and the afternoon sessions weren't that interesting to me, so I came home early. I have to work Sunday to make-up for missing today anyway, so I think it was my prerogative to end the day early! Hope everyone is having a good fall - the leaves weren't nearly as pretty as last year which was a bummer bc I love the colors and because we had engagement photos taken at what should have been the height of color but which had nothing but ugly brown, some yellow, and mostly just bare trees. boo. Speaking of...

We haven't gotten to see them all yet - probably will be a little bit, but at least we know there is one good one! Oh, i also did go wedding dress shopping in October with my mom, sister, and some of the girls. It was a lot of fun, but by the end of the day I'd had ENOUGH shopping! I found one I really like, but no purchase has been made yet - we'll see!! Alright, hope you all have a good weekend! Love Andrea
No comments:
Post a Comment