Monday, February 15, 2010

Andrea likes med school again

This happens to be a test week (Pathology), so I don't have time to write much, but I was thinking about how I like med school again this semester which is both a good sign and a welcome change from my attitudes last semester and earlier this semester. In hindsight I like all I learned last semester bc working my ass off so I could do well in all those classes really made me learn the stuff which I think makes this semester more enjoyable, but the actual learning of all of that knowledge within one semesters time was pure hell through and through and never again do I want to go through that sort of class/test schedule! A few of us have actually commented how we would rather drop outta med school then ever be expected to do a semeste like that again! Heck even if I got to retainthe knowledge I still have right now from it I don't think I'd do it again!! Anyway that was then and the point of this post was the now--it is so much fun to actually have fun again. Partly it is the time factor-not having tests every week means we can sleep a full 8hrs (I still don't but it would be possible). And means we have more time on weekends to hang out with friends bc we aren't insanely exhausted! But also the classes this semester largely build on things we have already learned which is just soooo much better than brand new stuff! It's sti hell to try to understand some of it don't get me wrong but at least we have the basic framework in place to be able to undertand it... Last year a lot of the time it felt like there was no framework and actually like there weren't eventh right pieces for framework it was like a bunch of random 2x4s and then some Sheetrock and some decorative pillows or something-totally not the right materials!! Haha oh look at me makig clever analogies. Ok well I better learn about kidney and lung pathology, but I thought while in a good mood I should say hi :) have a good week!

No comments: