I was filling in my update for this week's test and trying to think about what I have this coming weekend only to realize next weekend will be the start of Thanksgiving break!! Not that I had forgotten totally, but you just sorta push it out of your mind so you can keep on trucking until it's actually here. And I definitely have to say I can't quite get excited yet because there is so very, very much left to do before Friday afternoon gets here!! Nonetheless, it is nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel (even if it's just a quick glimpse before we enter the final tunnel). Break is gonna be pretty jam packed with school stuff because of everything we have when we get back, but it will be so glorious to be able to catch up on some things without getting farther and farther behind! And i'm also looking forward to getting 8hrs of sleep a night for a week -- ahhhh! Not so fast though... gotta get through the rest of this week first...
The weekend was really good - Path test Friday wasn't too bad at all (which I was happy about because i sure struggled to focus last week). Luckily enough stuck that I did pretty well. Friday evening I drove to Des Moines to hang out with Brendan. I will say Friday's aren't our best days - he was post-call, so had worked for 30hrs and then gotten only about a 3hr nap, and I'm never too pleasant on Fridays, but we didn't kill each other or cause any long-term, irreparable harm to the relationship, so I think we'll live to see another Friday :) After a good night of sleep, Saturday was fun. We got on the road around 10:15ish, much to Brendan's dismay... I can't remember if his goal was 9:30 or 10, but whatever it was apparently I failed dismally at meeting it. In his eyes he just needs to figure out how to get me out of the house at the time he wants to leave for things :) I laughed and said yeah him and about every other guy in the world who has a girlfriend, wife, or daughters. We drove to Omaha and got there in time for lunch. We had a really good time hanging out with Brendan's mom's side - aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents - for his Grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. We spent the afternoon hanging out watching football (fighting between the Iowa/OSU and Nebraska/KU games) until we had to be practically dragged off the couch to go to dinner before the games were over. Dinner was worth it though - it was DELICIOUS!! We headed out right after dinner and made it back to DSM by about 9:30ish. We decided to catch a late movie of "Law Abiding Citizen" (bc we missed seeing it on Friday night amidst our cheery moods :). It was a really good movie, I'd recommend it! This morning Brendan had to round, so I got up and left when he left (about 7) and made it back to IC alittle before 9. I came straight to MERF, so I'm working on some PID lectures that i didn't attend. That's about all the news from here... I'm hoping to get caught up on a bunch of things here today, since it's only 11am I can remain hopeful!! Hope everyone else had a good weekend... Only 5 more weeks until I can rejoin the world of the living for a bit - I can't wait! Love Andrea
No comments:
Post a Comment