Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sounds like life to me...

Has anyone heard the country song? For those who haven't, basically the one guy's going on about all this sh*t that's happening to him, and his buddy's response:
"Sounds like life to me it ain’t no fantasy
It’s just a common case of everyday reality
Man I know it’s tough but you gotta suck it up
To hear you talk you’re caught up in some tragedy
It sounds like life to me"

It's a bit twang-y for my taste, but nonetheless i like the point because it seems exceedingly true - things are crazy and random stuff keeps happening and you constantly think it's going to eventually calm down or that the craziness is the exception. It's not. Basically that's life, and if it's ever calm or things are under control and random stuff isn't happening, THAT'S the exception!

Anyhow, that's how today has felt. I swear! I'll spare you the details, but the most recent development-apparently the cell phone people who helped us when i got my new phone didn't add the unlimited texting to our plan, so my phone has been operating for the last month w/o a text plan. Anyone who knows me can understand why this is a problem. Hopefully a problem that can be resolved wo anyone getting yelled at, but with a very tired, time-deprived resident and a very poor med student as the only ones available to deal with said problem the chances of that are pretty slim!!

Luckily school isn't one of those things adding to my 'tragedy' at the moment. Three days in it remains manageable. lol - funny what manageable actually begins to mean however... illustration: i put all of my classes/appointments into Outlook and finally synced them with my iphone. I was flipping through tomorrow's obligations at lunch and there was a point tomorrow where I have 3 overlapping appointments, and the calendar on the iphone just stacked them in a neat little off-set, overlapping stack. My friend Rebecca's response to my needing to be in 3 places at once: "Awww, your phone thinks you can do it--it's a confidence booster!" (Incidentally Rebecca is the only human I know that actually could manage to be in 3 places at once...). Anyway, i think the key to surviving it all is to surround yourself with people and electronic devices that have faith in you :)

Alright, well enough rambling for now. If i'm not going to be learning I should be sleeping. Tomorrow promises to be a long, busy day...but sounds like life to me! ;)

No comments: