Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone has time to spend with family and/or friends!  Even though it's 7:20, I've been up for 21hrs and am just heading to bed, I'm still thankful for my job.  Probably now more than ever as I'm rotating through the ER.  I have only done 2 shifts and I'm already ready to go back to L&D!  However, I am thankful for the 9hr shifts!!  It's amazing how fast a 9hr shift overnight goes when you're used to 14hrs!  Ok, sleepy time so I can get up and have Thanksgiving dinner with family.  This will be the first Thanksgiving ever I won't be spending with my family because of my work schedule, but luckily Brendan's parents and brother are coming for dinner (and thankfully his mom is bringing everything but the turkey!), so we won't be alone.  My sister and fam are coming tonight, so we will have lots of visitors!  

Ok, well hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving - I am thankful for each one of you!  And I'm thankful for my job - even though I get tired and cranky sometimes, overall I love it (and the ER is making me realize just how much!).  I'm also thankful I have such awesome co-residents friends to work with.  Makes the job that much better.  Alright, better snooze!  Happy turkey day! Be thankful!

No comments: