Ok, done with that sentimental run :)
So as I sit here, I'm enjoying a cup of "coffee" in front of the fire. It's decaf. It doesn't even taste remotely like coffee. Laura will back me up on this. I don't even know why we do it to ourselves. They shouldn't be allowed to sell this with the same name. It might be better to be awake all night than to try to drink this and pretend it's coffee. But, since I actually can't do my job without a decent sleep, I am suffering through. But in case you ever think, hey, maybe I should try me some decaf coffee. Don't.
In other news, residency continues to move along. It's getting a little wearing, i'll admit. The novelty has worn off, the exhaustion has set in. Really my hours haven't been so bad, but I sometimes think I have a distorted sense of reality. lol - ok I for sure do because I just logged my hours for last week and Monday-today I worked 74hrs, which is still quite I few. Things are still going well, and it has been more fun lately in that I'm getting closer to other residents, so the social part of things has been fun. It has been harder though missing out on the other parts of life. I was catching up on blog entries from my friends - I only had time to read a few, so really nowhere near caught up - but it does make me a little sad. I miss out on a lot, and I know they miss having me around, too. It is hard to have time to even make phone calls or send emails. I haven't sent a bday card in years and have actually started to fail at sending bday texts. Lucky for me, though, I have friends and family who are understanding and are excited to see me when they can even if that means once every few months or once a year. I'd like to say things will get better, and to some degree they will, but in a lot of ways its just our version of busy. Everyone has theirs - everyone's time is filled up - mine just happens to be by time at the hospital. And that's ok - because I'm learning a lot. And I get to do really cool things. Like catch babies. I mean I got to deliver 3 babies last night, while everyone else was sleeping, that's what I did, so it's not so bad. But just so everyone knows - I miss you all.
Alright, well, I better get back to working on things so I can get to bed! I hope everyone has a great and safe halloween. Sorry this wasn't the most informative or uplifting post :) But things are good - busy, but good. We will talk soon....
1 comment:
Aww!! You know I'm a sucker for sentimental posts. :) Can't wait for life to slow down a bit so we can sit by my fire (or yours, now that you have successfully lit it) and have some coffee. Regular. Not decaf. Because, you're right- I totally back you up on that one.
Totally unrelated comment- my parents just got back from Italy so I dug out our pictures from when we were in Rome to look at with them. Such great memories. But, um, why didn't you tell me I looked like that? Midriff-baring shirts were NOT my friend when I was that, ahem, curvy. ;)
Post a Comment