Here I am!! So my good friend, Dawn, has called me out on my long blog absence. I have no excuse for it either because I haven't been doing anything at all! It's amazing how the time gets away from ya, though! So I don't really have much to report... since my last update I have been playing at home housewife while Brendan has been working much longer hours. Needless to say I've been getting pretty BORED. You know you're a little crazy when you'd rather be working 50+ hours a week than sitting at home, but I definitely would! At least i'd feel more productive. Anyway, I've been on my research elective, which means I'm supposed to be writing a research paper, but it's very hard to self-motivate when you don't have any real deadlines. The good things though is I've gotten to do a few things, like see all my family for my grandma's 80th birthday party, and spend this last weekend hanging out with my favorite niece! Here she is hanging with her uncle and Wriggles...
Then she realized how soft Wriggles is and would pet her everytime she was within armshot!
On Saturday we tailgated for awhile with friends. The weather was SO nice, especially for the last tailgate of the season! I actually was up and at Hy-Vee by 5:30am so I could hang out with a friend before the rest of the house woke up, so I did that then came back to tailgate with a bunch of friends, my favorite guy, my favorite sister, and my favorite niece :) Oh and my favorite dog was there, too!
When it was game time, B went to the game with a classmate, and me, baby, sister, and dog came back to our place to watch the game. Apparently tailgating wore everyone out...
Then the power went out during the 4th quarter. Which was probably ok because it was a pretty awful game. The rest of the weekend we were lazy. Laid on the couch, watched movies, ate. We took a little walk, then laid around and ate some more. Poor Brendan had to work all day Sunday, so he missed out, but he did get to spend some quality time with his niece on Saturday night while we went to pick out movies. Anyway, it was a good weekend, and great to hang out with my sis and niece.
Honeymoon
So our only other big news is that we have decided on our honeymoon! We are going to be heading to Kauai (that'd be a Hawaiian island) for a week in January! We are VERY excited! It will be very nice after the busy holidays and interview season. And the gross, cold weather by that time of year! Plus, with how much Brendan has been working, it will be really nice to just hang out with each other for awhile.
Ok, well I know it wasn't the most exciting update, but I wanted to at least let everyone know we were still kicking!!! More soon!
PS-one more thing we've been doing is obedience classes with this curly haired little lady. She secretly loves it, I think, and she's doing very well! Plus, it's sort of a fun 'family' activity!!


No comments:
Post a Comment