I'm supposed to be studying for my surgery test which is notoriously sucky and difficult because it is a shelf exam which means it isn't made by the department here - it is a standardized exam made by the people who make the board exam. Anyway, i'm just not in the mood today. Instead i have been just enjoying a 'day off'. I technically worked today but we were done rounding by 8am (there was a scheduled power outage, so we had to be!), so that was actually kinda nice bcause i feel like i had the day off! (Well aside from the getting up at 5am part, but whatever). We had a nice breakfast at Hamburg Inn with Brenadn's mom & brother, Brendan and I successfully hung curtains in his room, and I hung out with Rebecca which included a failed shopping trip and a failed iphone activation attempt, but we did extract my tomato plant from the tendrils of her cucumber plant, so that's something!! Melissa and I also watched an episode of Boston Med, which I recommend for anyone who hasn't watched it! I think it's about the perfect show for us at this point because we have seen enough of the real hospital world to know what it's like but not so much that we don't want to think, see, or speak about hospital outside its walls.
I feel like i should have more to say, but I don't. I'm getting really excited to sleep, so I'm gonna go do that and sleep in for the first time in a long time! Then after that sometime I will actually go study for real. boo. This 3rd year med school thing is an interesting process... for any of you who watch grey's anatomy, it reminds me of the episode where the chief tells george to be a sponge. I feel like that's how you're supposed to learn everything - you have to be a sponge and just learn as much as you conceivably can from seeing it or hearing it or sometimes by just doing it. It takes a bit of getting used to, but slowly but surely I feel like I'm picking up bits a pieces ok, i'm about to fall asleep on my keyboard, so to bed i go... nighty night!
No comments:
Post a Comment