Friday, May 21, 2010

Finals, California, and back to reality...

Just a very quick note to say that I survived finals... it was far less bad than most previous finals weeks, I have to say. However, Melissa (my roommate) and I were discussing whether it was less bad because it actually wasn't as bad or if it was just because we have gotten so used to studying and tests and that sort of stress that we've grown accustomed. I think it was probably a little bit of both. There's not really any reason it should have been a lot better than previous - I mean we did have a final over the whole semester of Path on Monday (42 lectures) followed by a test over something like 1200 pages of FCP IV on Thursday morning. And I had a physical exam 'final' thrown in on Tuesday morning for fun. I was afraid I was going to fall short on both of the classes because I did well on the tests but not great, but thanks to a strong start to the beginning of the semester (seriously, never underestimate the importance of coming out of the gates strong), I was able to still pull off some good grades for these final med school classes (for anyone who doesn't yet know - these were the final true classes of med school... not the final tests by a long ways, but the final classes). Anyhow, that all ended Thursday and I finally got outta IC Thursday night around 9ish, which means after a stop in Ankeny I didn't get to Brendan's until about 1AM Friday. We got to the airport in Des Moines Friday around 10:30 and flew out to San Francisco... I zonked out intermittently on the flight from Minneapolis to SF, so I felt like I was in a parallel universe when we landed! Luckily after some air, caffeine, and glucose that started to lift! Anyhow, I don't have time to recount the entirety of the trip right now because I need to get to sleep so I can get up and and really start on boards studying full force in the morning, but I just wanted to say we had a FABULOUS trip! And more details to come (as study breaks allow!!!) Love andrea

1 comment:

Laci M said...

Ok, I was waiting to post in case you hadn't told someone about your engagement, but seriously a post and NOTHING about the engagement! I think that is not nice. You could have told us just the details about the proposal...not much else about the trip, but seriously something about how Brendan popped the question. Or you could have showed us a picture of the ring! You seriously have to get on that AS SOON as your test is over, sooner if possible!