Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Musings...

Brendan is all packed up and moved to Des Moines (Johnston to be more exact). I'm officially putzing around (dare i say it...) bored (just a bit tho!). I'm thinkin a med stdt should never say that word... In my defense, however, those of us who are crazy enough to be drawn to medicine are generally not the personality that does well with free time. I think my mom would attest that I've never been good at entertaining myself! Med school solves that problem by taking away every second, so you are never in want of something to do! Anyway, i'm not going to complain because this is the only summer break of med school. Next year we go straight from school to boards to rotations. People like to warn me this is the 'last' summer, but i continually assure them I have worked full-time (even 2 jobs at a time) previous summers, so though it will be sad not having free time like I have at present, I think I will survive working full-time ++ next summer. Hey, if nothing else it's plenty of time in the A/C!! However, optimistic view aside, this is very likely the most free time we will all have until retirement. It just gets worse from here...but i have to say, when you don't have any free time you start to forget to miss it, so I'm sure it will be ok in the end!

I don't have a great deal of news. I'm doing a bunch of research stuff, which is great. I really enjoy it this summer because I know what I'm doing. I'll post when I get an article published next year ;) I'm doing the same project as last summer, so it is very self directed. I'm trying to push myself as much as possible so we have a larger sample size for our study. Hopefully the chart pullers of UIHC will work with me on that one!

I have also decided that since i have no school news to report i'm going to post my random ramblings on the blog for the summer, so you have that to look forward to. This particular one I started awhile back apparently, so just thought I'd finish up. Who knows what date is will say it posted!! More to come... Happy July!

No comments: